Senior DevTest Engineer
Pricer is expanding the product portfolio with a major focus on two new areas: Cloud Services and Data Products alongside the existing On Prem solution. This will give us opportunities to help our customers in retail to optimize their operations in the stores and costs, but also to move to more data-driven stores.
What will you be doing?
On this journey, we need additional passionate and competent colleagues, eager to solve complex problems and focus on customer needs and deliver valuable solutions to our customers with the help of efficient technology.
All of our software solutions require a mix of high-level technical competence and communication, self-management, domain understanding in an agile team environment. You are welcome to join our R&D group, consisting of 8+ agile teams. Each team has a dedicated Product Manager responsible for Backlog, prioritization and relation with the customers.
As a member in one of our teams, you will participate:
- In the whole delivery process (analysis, planning, implementation, test and DevOps) as our teams are autonomous cross-functional with specific mission.
- In the grooming, planning and demos together with your team and work closely with the product manager to make sure that you deliver customer value.
You will also contribute to:
- The design and development of test tools and automation for our automated testing environments in a cloud focused microservice architecture.
- Build debug tools and analyse test failures across the stack within a continuous integration automation framework.
- Design and creation of scalable, reliable and secure cloud-based services, troubleshoot and debug systems.
- Successful deliveries with your competences, passion and engagement.
Your colleagues will definitely appreciate your creativity, contribution to the platform and collaboration with other teams, for example when discussing test strategies and test contract between microservices owned by different teams.
As a well-established system, it requires improvements of the existing feature-set and continuous development of new functionality based on the customer needs.
Innovation is a key characteristic of Pricer and you will have the chance to exercise your creativity and contribute to the next generation of products.
We follow several principles like API first, microservice architecture, high code quality, CI/CD and these will be part of your daily work.
We expect you to be able to:
- Design and write effective tests for APIs, backend services, web or mobile applications.
- Write E2E tests, working with databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL or other NoSQL databases.
- Troubleshoot and debug systems.
What are your qualifications and requirements?
- You have excellent analysis, planning, implementation and DevOps skills, commitment to code quality, security, technical documentation. A good architectural understanding and proven experience working as a DevTest, Developer or similar role in the past 5 years will help you deliver outstanding results in your work.
- We would highly appreciate if you had proven experience working with a microservices architecture, cloud services and experience working in a DevOps oriented team and having this mindset.
- We believe that it is essential that you have good experience working with building tools and containers, test for the microservices built by your team.
- Previous experience developing test automation frameworks is highly appreciated alongside a test mindset is a huge plus.
- Be an excellent communicator and a team player, creative, committed and reliable, with focus on security and details.
- If you have worked with Docker, Kubernetes, GCP or AWS/Azure, if you have previous experience working at Pricer or with Pricer products, university degree in Software Engineering will be a big advantage in your role.
- You have a proficient level of programming skills in languages like Java, Python, Node.js
- You have a high interest in technology and implementation of smart test frameworks suitable in a microservice architecture.
We are working in an international environment with colleagues from all parts of the world, that’s why the official language is English. However, we strongly encourage our colleagues to exercise the Swedish, especially at the Stockholm office.
At Pricer you get to work in a truly global and multicultural environment with driven and highly skilled colleagues.
You will be working together with passionate colleagues in a flat and creative environment, using cutting edge technology.
Pricer is an agile company where there is great potential to self-development.
We have Lab Fridays and access to courses for competence development, flexible work hours, a collaborative environment and market competitive salary, pension, insurance plans. You will get 30 days annual vacation and we offer benefits to promote physical health.
Pricer develops and manufactures the world’s most reliable digital store communication system with electronic shelf labels (ESL). We help retailers around the world to solve a number of key and time-consuming in-store challenges by streamlining critical processes in the store, such as price updates, in-store picking and inventory. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. Our system provides a stable platform for reaching out with messages, product information and offers to the shoppers. By developing technical solutions and services that are easy to implement, apply and use, we help our customers blur the boundaries between different sales channels in an increasingly digitalized and connected world. For 30 years, our ideas, technology and employees have changed the way retailers around the world carry out their duties and communicate with their customers.
Pricer was founded in Sweden in 1991 and is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.